Spring 2015 registration and on-line registration will continue through Friday, January 30th. Please register and pay on-line. Senior Registration has been moved to Monday, Feb. 2nd, 10:30 am -12:30 pm.
Governor Dannel Malloy recently announced the “Go Back to Get Ahead” program at his 2014 State of the State Address at the opening of the 2014 General Assembly. In his address the Governor stated that:
“When a student fails to graduate from college it’s a lost opportunity for the student, the college and Connecticut’s economy. There are an estimated 113,000 people in Connecticut who fit that description – people who began working towards a degree but for whatever reason didn’t graduate. If you are a student who began a degree program but have been out of school for more than 18 months, Connecticut will offer one free course for each course you take at a public college – and up to three free courses in total – if you come back and matriculate. This “Go Back to Get Ahead” program will run for a limited amount of time. It’s designed to incentivize people to pay off a debt – a debt they owe themselves.”
The “Go Back to Get Ahead” initiative is offering:
• Up to three FREE 3-credit courses
• A choice of 17 public colleges and universities in the Connecticut State colleges and University system (four state universities, 12 community colleges and Charter Oak State College – the state’s only public, fully online college)
• Classroom and online instruction
• Hundreds of undergraduate programs of study
• Experienced admissions counselors to help you finds the best fit
For more information about this program including eligibility and requirements, visit the following website beginning June 2: http://www.GoBackToGetAhead.com
Those interested in returning to college can also call toll-free at (844) 428-4228 or (844) GBTA-CT. Staff will be available to assist callers (beginning June 2) Monday through Thursday, from 8:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.